Saturday, November 27, 2010

Rice noodles, chow fun









Do you have an asian market around? I go to china town in Chicago for my fresh rice noodles, called ban pho on the package. They come in a big slab, uncut. I add them to my stir fry or asian soup. On the side, We'll be having brown rice and Yamabuki shiro miso soup with seaweed.

one package noodles
one package enoki mushrooms
1/2 chopped onion
2-3 bunches bok choy
2-3 bunches chinese broccoli
1 carrot, peeled, i use the peeler to cut it into small shavings to cook faster, slice if you like
2 cloves garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
1/4 -1/2 cup silver swan soy sauce or tamari
1-2 tbsp sesame oil

saute garlic and half of the olive oil for a few minutes....add all vegetables. (sesame oil is to be applied after cooking). Cook for a few more minutes. while on high heat, add almost 1/4 cup of soy sauce. let it evaporate as it finishes cooking the vegetables. set aside.

cut rice noodles into wide pieces and pull apart. add olive oil on high heat and cook the noodles
add the soy sauce and let it brown and slightly burn the noodles. put the vegetables back in stir in sesame oil and you're done!

The Miso soup I buy is a past in a plastic bag package. Also found at an asian market. It's delicious and a super quick to make. Just heat up some water add the paste to your level of flavor intensity. I probably add about 2-3 tbsps to 3 cups of water. add scallions and dried seawed or not and serve. It's nice with brown rice on the side.

enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds super delicious! My aunt is Korean and during a recent visit I was able to add some more recipes to my back of tricks. Lets chat and share!

    ReplyDelete